Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI

Southpaw
Contributor
Can anyone help why GFI is not moving ?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
CE
Super Contributor
Sure, it's because it is a k@k share bro. Ask Johny boy as well if you don't believe me.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ce you crack me me up! It is moving, just down!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I just hate the dog J-man, just hate it !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI is actually in a good healthy uptrend. It hit resistance around the 14000c level which is where you should have been bailing out especially after the share didnt manage to break the resistance level on repeated attempts. Its quite overbought at the moment and am expecting it to trade all the way down to its support line, after which it will continue to move upwards. Short term it will trade down...medium term it will go up and away. My end of year target for this baby is definatly around 17500c. Hope this helps...OMO
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
.....may the forces of Zarp be with you
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LOL Zarp??? Its ok i dont think I will need them...
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
Hey CE and John, just my opinion, but would seem your past experiences of lady GFI are tainting your current views?
Charts for GFI dont look bad to me. On a bottoming up pattern heading back up to the 170/173 level, seemingly having completed its consolidation phase and also a short term upward trend. Very short term looking for a correction down too as RSI showing bit of divergence, but medium term i would see it as having a probable chance of completing its bottoming up pattern. Emotions aside, would be interested to hear your guys TA on GFI?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sorry bro - ain't gonna get nothin from me. If I type GFI into my keyboard I get a smack every time, OUCH !!
0 Kudos
Southpaw
Contributor
Thanks OZone
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
kr!pto baby, technically GFI looks f*cking fantastic. I'd say it's a buy at 138/139.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
:) i was just wording it nicely for CE and john. unrequieted love can be tough.
no worries, CE, keep your fingers away from them G, F and I keys then.no point inflicting pain on yourself. unless of cause you are in a masochistic frame of mind today.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er, of course it's also a buy at 136, 133, 129 and 125. Thanks for listening.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I bought a bunch and took profits after Mr P' did his thing. TA for GFI is UP but not before it goes back a bit. I agree, I actually like the share, But given an TA entry on GFI or one on AMS on the same day GFI wont get a look in!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Gravy says GFI is a big fat sell tho'.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Is it me or did the band just stop playing, and the party just come to an end.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
SHORT!!! SHORT!!!! SHORT!!!!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No 6 foot 2 and my wife has never complained..
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
ja john, been a huge AMS fan too. but boy am i glad I got out at 118 (AMSSBE) just below my target. not as fortunate with BIL. and yes, band seems to have forgotten the tune today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still on a Point and Figure BUY signal,with Supply dominating as at.Downside to R128 area Support....R118 = P&F SELL signal,but nah,look at the $Gold-power in step-ladder,determined fashion.Big money is building a position(as they look at the Rotten US $) and the Hedge-pattern is obvious.Weakness will be bought.The COT Shorts are on fyll alert...Also, a GFI breakout from Triangle(12July2006 to 12Feb2007) sees the starting-gates to new Highs in 2007....barring Floods,Strikes,Red Tape,the usual baker's dozen.
0 Kudos