Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GND - Any ideas why it is being hammered?

Not applicable
GND are sitting on a huge cash pile; they have 51% of the 2009 book filled & 35% for 2010. All indications are that in 2010 demand for comodities will be increasing & at low oil prices = low bunker oil prices - surely this must mean a good return? Or is it just John shorting the market that is driving the price down?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Might it be the global state of shipping, including the infamous Baltic Dry Index?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They also gain significantly on rand dollar terms. Last announcement was they were expecting 80% HEPS growth for december. Even if sales come off by 40% for next years targets, it will be mitigated by rand dollar exchange. My only concern is their mining investments and banking business. I am a big GND fan though
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Must have something to do with the BEAR market we're in - just a wild guess.If you can give me any reason why all shares should not be hammered in a extensive BEAR market, then I guess you've got your answer.
0 Kudos