Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GND - Barry some advise or anyone else

Not applicable
Hey Barry, GND is taking quite a smack. I am looking to reload on them at around R16 to R17 levels, but am wondering about these zero cost collars. What impact will this have on the share? Long term (3 years) I have maintained that this company has brilliant potentail(especially given their diverse nature and contract book and weakening rand) but I have noticed Stdandard has forcasted quite bad results for the 3rd year. Do you have any ideas why? Any help would be appreciated as always. Thanks :)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
john_1
Super Contributor
The baltic dry freight index has fallen dramatically over the last couple of weeks. Also their is a over supply on the asia-europe routes so shipping companies arround the globe are coming under preasure..Transport reflex economic demand as it drops of so shipping rates too slows down...recesion = bad for shipping companies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks John. Any ideas where I can view and get more data on the shipping index you speak of?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Damn and I thought this share would fly with the christmass rush!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Google baltic dry freight index
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i agree with all the comments from other forumites for the moment...As it comes up to its final declaration in Feb on the positive side i feel it has discounted much of the bad news....A share never fully understood,by the tipsters,with always negative comments,even when outstanding results are due.(See the past SENS).They are developing different strings of income.....if they were to seek a secondry listing in London ,there would be a strong re-rating....I dont hold at the moment ,but will consider buying again nearer its div,as it it one of my favourites.OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Barry, Im not holding at the moment either. Its also one of my favourites, and I know we have had chats about this in the past. I agree with your assesment on the London listing. Looking to start picking up some share along the way between now and Decemeber. PS Thanks everyone for all the help :)
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Note that GND hedge much of their shipping via long term contracts, so are not too exposed to the gyrations of the baltic index. it means they sometimes miss out on the high shipping rates (like last year) but lock in secure revenue in more difficult times (like now). If it falls much futher it will have broken its long term uptrend, but at 18 is right on a key technical level. If it rises from here, I'm buying more.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GND constantly confuses me. Over the past 10yrs- HEPS yr/yr in excess of 30% growth; ROCE in excess of 27% yr/yr; Shareholders Interest in excess 25% yr/yr; Turnover in excess of 35% yr/yr. All add up to phenomenal growth, so why does teh SBK forcast show a negative growth across all figures for the next 3 yrs? Am I missing something by looking at the great dividend yield & solid past performances?
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Notice that the consensus is from 1 analyst only.
0 Kudos