Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLD!

Not applicable
WHATS happening to gold... why the big drop? and info...? plz help.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
Im also rather puzzled, perhaps one of the many factors that India, the biggest importer of gold has stopped imorting it. Also, Gold ETF also down - are investors starting to look for riskier places for the money and pulling out of the safe haven?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
845 is the target,where I'll be buying.... so still some more pain to come.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but why can't the investors see it as a safe haven..? after all this week will be pretty bad ALSI
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Head and shoulders on gold. Also broke its bull trendline. I think we could see it below $800 in the near future.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
look for a double touch on 800, ZAR to 7.50, USD Index to 92 (possibly) and a disconnect with US Markets. A stronger ZAR and a stronger USD will make for a fast and hard drop in our markets but it won't last. The rally ain't over, but I'd be real careful because there could be massive over reaction to this. I reckon we'll only see a market top out end or Apr maybe even June
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Roffey's forecasts looking off the mark again.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Be patient.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
please give me some good news... must sell HARM.. GLDF... ALL MY GOLD,,cause this HURTS!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I'm not a Gold bull,but for those who are,surely the patience must running mighty thin by now!! Just how much more patience are we talking about this time? ---- another 10 years of unfounded hope??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Stick to your stoploss, no matter what. We could still go down a bit.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Lets see some kind of 0.618 here...bottom... and it will go up again...for the time being SHORT!!!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
likely to run up now,trouble now is for how long,markets are churning at the moment....not likely to breach the thousand dollar mark at theis stage.OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gents, the selloff has the potential to be violent! Gold demand is almost 50% driven by ETF's (compared to significantly less in previous years). Fundamentaly, IMO, ETF demand driven prices are dangerous. At least jewelry demand can be clasified as buy-to-hold, nobody is going to sell their jewels just because of a price drop. Now what happens with leveraged instruments when prices drop? Stops kick in! And worse than that, the ETF dumps the physical, which creates more supply, and a vicious circle kicks in. Gold has potential to fall to 750 again, IMO
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Some goverment has decided to sell a few tones, time to tighten the belt, unless you are short
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
IMF selling off gold stocks to prop up cash reserves
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ya then they will finally realize that the is too much paper and will have to balance the gold with the money... what dumb a*8... but it will be a nice short if i do say so myself... maybe even a longer 1..lol!
0 Kudos