Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gap close

Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Anybody trading the gap on the ALSi
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well it ain't closing yet ..
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
You need to view the probability of gap closures in the wider market context - this one has a low probability of closing as the underlying trend of the market is changing.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm .. nah too complicated .. I set an entry level and wait for it to trigger .. or not ..
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
Not at all complicated when you are going with the flow of the market - becomes second nature
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm .. nah I like price and that all .. never let my thinking get in the way of my trading ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
so do you think before you trade or do you trade and then think?
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
I think it might be starting to close
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I never think on Mondays ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon where is your gap entry?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
26450 with 52 minutes to go ..
0 Kudos
tee_1
Occasional Contributor
thanks.Traded the 3rd (15 min)candle back,engulving candle.Did that comply to your system?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope coz green closed at 857 and red opened at 850 .. red needed to open above the 857 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It might not close today... The DAX is back to above 1% from 2% to -x%.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simons Gap Trade system is purely mechanical....there is an entry and exit based on price movement into the gap irrespective of TREND or thoughts!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon ek was op jou laaste kursus in Kaapstad (alsi shortterm) en was baie beindruk.Baie dankie.Wat my die meeste beindruk het was jou desipline.What i cant understand about your engulving system is why the following candle to the engulving candle must open higher and not lower to trigger a trade.Do u enter at market or at a fixed price.Thanks Christo.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I trade @market .. the next candle after confirmation doesn't have to open higher (if going long), but I only enter if the offer is higher than the confirming candle close.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Rams, we need some peope to be thinking otherwise how do we make money ??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
eh eh, thats ruthless...
0 Kudos