Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gap

Not applicable
Wonder if/when this gap will be closed - or will it be one of the 20% that isn't?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
no need to wonder....just be positioned right when it does and dont jump the gun...it may or it may not...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trading the probabilities only, and did a lot of reflection after being stopped out on the DOW last night (fortunately had a tight stop) so no hasty moves today. Last night's move on the DOW is a lesson/reminder for all traders: anything can happen at any time, and, of course (although one should not need reminding of this: always use your stops, which must be set before you even enter the trade).
0 Kudos
Mr_Gold
Contributor
Chartist is this the same gap/window you made the video about. Can you please give as the web address again
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist this gap is diffrent me thinks as it is a gap on a tecnical break, move up- or am I thinking to much do you think.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Don't think. React. Gap is being closed.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Amazing, just turned on my intraday and see it! Now I owe 2 beers.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an cfm is correct. trading is less abotu thinking, more about responding to the price.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Ok, this is it for me for the week. Gap in play. Meeting to go to. Sold my long for a 40% profit this week. Enjoy the rest of the day and weekend.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Morning Simon, True that mate, I think I should be drinking more in an attept to numb the brain as it keeps getting in the way.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, exactly.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thank God its friday, unfortunatly all I can afford to drink this week is the beer in the draught catch tray from behind the back door of the pub thanks to AMS
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Mind to spare a mug there J-man ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
always welcome CE.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Cheers bro, will pay you back one day when I get it right.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
You seem to be doing great mate. Whats wrong? ps did you see my post regarding the topdwm vs topdwn
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Been up and down with the waves bro, need to spend more time on this ! (and stick to basics) Post - no, did not see it.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Basically To trade the N means you have to make 70 point to cover the spread with M you only have to make 30 points to cover the spread, that is in and out of the trade, so it is always better to trade the M even if it is more costly it is actually cheaper. the reason is the spread is fixed at 4c despite the trading price 4c of R6 is much less than 4c of R3.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not sure how this will play out ...one thing is for sure....if someone like Simon can be moved to irrational exuberance like he did with his declaration that this is going to be a good day for the longs there is a good chance the gap will be closed quite firmly....too many people long means there are no new buyers and when too many people are positioned long and we see the fade it means so many more that will need to sell....
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Closing? Wonder how a positive Dow (futures up 23) will affect this later
0 Kudos