Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Getting false log-ons

Not applicable
Everytime when I get the box asking me if I want to extend my session and I click on the "yes" - I get an sms saying I have logged on, of course with the 25c charge. Does anyone else experience the problem or do they just have something against me? Have complained and have been told it has gone to the IT department and still no reply.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Preston
Super Contributor
Possible solution. Check setting on OST website.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, Preston - which setting must I check? Drop down or what?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can remove the sms option under my details. But still odd and IT will have a loook
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I ma trying to figure it out for you.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Damn Simon, you beat me . Go to my details/my preference Under my security preference , check where the tick is on.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
ZIRC.. I must thank you cos i learn't something new. I set my portfilio to send me a sms when the R1m bid is reached. (LOL)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My Pref are set up to send an sms but my point is that when I elect to extend the session by 'ticking' the yes box and my time is not up, it erroneously gives me a log-on message. When I don't tick the yes box then it logs me off which is only to be expected, but why the log-on when the session has not expired is what I'm asking.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think you should demand 1 million zim dollars for compensation!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wow, then you mean I wouldn't have to try and make some money anymore but simply retire in the lap of luxury!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Then it is an IT related problem. Direct yor question to OST using the "Contact us" functionality
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have indeed done that and they sent me a file to download which I did which would presumably be able to track things but they said they would forward my query to the IT Dept. and I find that when that happens I will be lucky to get a reply. OST themselves are good at replying though and are helpful.
0 Kudos