Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold and Gold Shares

Not applicable
On 31st May, the following interesting scenario existed: Gold $659.70; Rand $ R7.11; Gold in Rands: R4690.47; On 20th July: $683.70; R6.86; R4690.18; Today: $658.6; R7.1; R4676. So the gold price in Rands has hardly changed over the past week, but my gold share portfolio has dropped 10%. So what's the difference in the past week when my gold portfolio went down compared with the previous couple of weeks when it went up. Shares plummeted this week because of a rally when the USDX got to 80. The general shares have bled into the gold shares, but I expect an imminent recovery in gold shares once people realise that although general shares might depreciate, there will still be a an even bigger demand for gold. Don't believe me? start here: http://www.zealllc.com/2007/goldusdx.htm Don't believe that? go to Kitco and read some of the reports there. Want more information: read http://www.stock-market-crash.net/florida.htm Sorry to sound gloomy, but if you've been missing Zarp, I have a lot of research I can share with you. Once the USDX goes below 80, people (especially governments (and especially the Chinese government)) are going to start exiting the $. And what will they buy? Gold mines and other currencies. Actually I have no idea what will happen when the USDX goes below 80, but from all my reading, it will signify that the world has finally realised that the $ is a fiat currency and not the world's reserve currency and gold and other currencies will start becoming more important.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Dr_Who
Occasional Contributor
the dollar index breaking below 80 will implode the dollar and all its major trading currencies. this will certanl be positive for gold. the question is whether this happens before or after a stock and credit market crash, as this would drag down gold and gold stocks too.
0 Kudos
Dr_Who
Occasional Contributor
the dollar index breaking below 80 will implode the dollar and all its major trading currencies. this will certanl be positive for gold. the question is whether this happens before or after a stock and credit market crash, as this would drag down gold and gold stocks too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Will the Chinese buy SA gold shares?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The might just buy the whole mine.
0 Kudos