Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Goldman Sachs fraud

kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, what do ya know? America has got a conscience after all. I hope they expose this moral bankrupt company to the bone. Unbelievable how one company can abuse their power to the expent Goldman did. They are nothing more than financial terrorists. I hope they get only what they deserve. They are beginning to show the signs of a Wall Street leper. Even Buffets image might tarnish because of his investments into this company.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
john_1
Super Contributor
sorry not really been following the market for a while what has happened..?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/ lots of stuff on there about it all (including pictures!)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yip, it will be interesting to see what happens. This creates a buying opportunity for other financials though. I hope to get more Citigroup shares on the cheap shortly.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
The fact remains that governments can regulate Banks, but cant regulate human nature that is so easily seduced by prospects of financial profits.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Financials dropping word wide since early this am. and depending on C's numbers to-day, it might be the last chance to get them for cheap - nice opportunity.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
This is the type of news that breaks the camel's back - a.k.a market correction. This will create buying opportunities, and I think it will come quickly and disappear just as quickly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My thoughts exact,.. Like everyone thought Goldman was Jesus's cousin in the first place,. Gordon Brown acts so surprised,. oh give us a break!!,.. Main thing is Mercury is not raking it's regular retro havoc,.. "Expect delays",..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The whole monetary system is bad it needs to be redesigned. There are more Goldman Sachs around and this is just the begining, more cases of fraud will follow soon. The same happened with the Lehmann Bros, after their case more banks and insurances followed suit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
aka,.. NORTHERN ROCK,.. Iceland etc etc,.. Money pile blown sky high,. The mountain of money,.. All the kings horses and all the kings men,. couldn't tape poor old lehman/beare/lynch/morgan/goldmans together again,.. And of couse,. hey you bet ya,. More regulation,. to save us from our nasty selves,. this is all co-ordinated to the teeth,..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
JPMorgan didnt fall apart. They have proper management... Citi fell apart, but its the best opportunity there is at the moment! I have over 17% profit in less than 1 month with normal "common stock", even with this GS issues.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice one Werner, three cheers!!!.. Don't take falling apples out a tree for granted though,..
0 Kudos