Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HR Dilemma

DST
Super Contributor
I saw Chartist was doing annual reviews last week - but all inputs welcome.

The problem is that I need to achieve some reductions in our already small team. The head of logistics, Jack, has been arranging private use for his own benefit of several of the fleet vehicles. The despatch manager, Natasha, either knew all about it or has been delinquent in not knowing and tackling it sooner. I need to decide whether to lay Natasha or just Jack off.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Are we assuming that you just don't have the energy to do both? If necessary, Pfizer has a magnificent case study on just this dilemma and shows how a few of their little blue pills made it possible for another HR practitioner like yourself to address the urgent needs of Mrs Palmer in the accounts storeroom and still come down hard on Julie in the loading bay immediately afterwards.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Asprin can also be most helpful in these circumstances, in case Natasha has a headache.
Also some proof of Asprin's efficacy as a birth-control pill for missionaries, if held tightly between the knees....
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Sounds like a chicken idea to use discipline to aid in down scaling
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take the advise of your last 2 words and just jack off. hehe. but on a more serious note. Not sure how big your business iss but I employ a labour broker to sort out all my staff problems so when someone does deserve to be laid off its done by the book and ccma has no leg to stand on as staff normally like to get their own back when fired...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I don't think you need a labour broker,DST,in this area I'm sure you can hold your own.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Holding your own has often been a pre-requisite if you're not going with Nat
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jack is of more use to you than Natasha
0 Kudos