Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How boring

ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
this forum has become now that john and chartman is gone
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
barry_1
Super Contributor
Surely Jonn will be back?
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
10:45 - The credit crunch has wiped out an average of £40,000 of wealth for each adult in the UK since July 2007, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers. Wealth from housing and equities is estimated to have fallen by 28% with the average UK house price having fallen by around 20% while the stock markets have lost around 40% since mid-2007. John Hawksworth, head of macroeconomics at PricewaterhouseCoopers, says: 'The knock-on effect of this level of wealth destruction will result in significantly more belt tightening and reduced spending by households over the next year and this situation could be exacerbated by expected further falls in house prices over this period. 'Nonetheless as we begin to see the positive effects of recent interest rate cuts, planned money supply increases and fiscal stimulus measures coming through, we would hope to see a gradual economic recovery taking effect later in 2010 and beyond. Alot of money lost hey! Yes barry but when, in the meantime Dookie needs to unban himself now for some light entertainment.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Jep, I havnt learned anything new for the last week. ...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
electrox hows youre day trading coming along?
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Yup - no offence to the forumites, but in less than a week this has gone from being one of my more entertaining daily reads to the most boring - with the fewest posts.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
has john been banned ??
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I don't think John was banned(?) I think he just engages Chartist on another format now.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Hi Asylum,Im Still learning along with the day trading game. Wanna start with DWT soon. Notice the Hourly rising wedge on the FTSE? Waiting for the Break(below 3800), then me gonna go short, Closed half Longs already with some noice profits.. hows yours coming along?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Actually Ian, it's a lot worse than that. If you take 20% house price drop and allow for GBP devaluation of around 40% then the average UK house price drop is more like 50% in real terms (not nominal). Gordon Brown is going to bankrupt the UK by trying to print his way out of it and in the process permanently weaken the GBP and create a sham of 'stable' house prices through a weaker currency. The UK is heading into a depression fast. Kind of the same thing that is happening here: That 1.6 bar McMansion that was valued in nominal terms when the ZAR was 6.5? Well at ZAR 10 it's real value today is -35% or around 1 bar. And to top it our property market is still dropping with no end in sight despite the talking heads and their corporate cronies trying to talk the market up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yea, just like all the other forums now
0 Kudos