Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How's that for a gravestone Doji??

Ninja
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
also bhp- see candle pattern for bhp round the 10th june
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I think BIL is doing a rising wedge and this might not be very good news.
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Your gravestone doji turned into a inverted hammer. I've been noticing this for a long time now. Every evening "all" the candles forms Dojis (opening = closing). Later the opening prices change on the charts and the doji changes into the relevant candle pattern. Asked the question last week, but nobody could give me a clear answer on the opening price phenomenon.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the charts are updated during the day, but clean data only arives at 7ish ..
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Simon, I agree with you on the updates later on. For me there is still a ? on the topic, but not worth fussing about.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For what it is worth, doji's, hammers and other candle patterns are not of much value inside the choppy zone. They signal price limits, where the market makers tried to set the trading range, but hte market had other ideas. They need to be used with previous days' candles, to see where the market's support or resistance lies. A good example of a tradable doji is arcmittal on the 17th August.
0 Kudos