Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Huge Volume on FSR

Not applicable
... and yet the price is leading lower. What do my informed formites make of this? His highness (chartist) is welcome to post his view. If short covering normally drives the price marginally higher are these people going long with geared instruments? or is it just plain old fashioned selling and we just don't know something they do...
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
faure
Frequent Contributor
In this case I'm not sure it's a good thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think you may be right. With most banks overbought and I think a no rate hike priced in we're maybe likely to just see a knee jerk rally. But the retailers and listed property are oversold, we may get some action here. ABIL is one bank that hasn't moved and may just get it's running shoes out of closet today. My retail picks are Mr. Price, Truworths, Lewis and Massmart.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My opinion is that fsr has had a good run over the last week, so a little profit taking is taking place before the interest rate decision today.Traders are buying on speculation rate will remain on hold and the market will surge,hence the larger than normal volume....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Posted By Super Idego AND NOT BY .... It was the first party to which Roo had ever been, and he was very excited. As soon as ever they had sat down he began to talk. "Hallo, Pooh!" he squeaked. "Hallo, Roo!" said Pooh. Roo jumped up and down in his seat for a little while and then began again. "Hallo, Piglet!" he squeaked. Piglet waved a paw at him, being too busy to say anything. "Hallo, Eeyore!" said Roo. Eeyore nodded gloomily at him. "It will rain soon, you see if it doesn't
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Skippy, the biggest bear is in town.. Introducing Super, Super idego.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Looks to me like profit taking OMO At resistance and could retrace to support - or break resistance in which case buy back again.
0 Kudos