Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I was blind and now I can see.

john_1
Super Contributor
Morning guys. Telkom has finally fixed my line and I am back in the game. Is everybody making money?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
YNWA
Super Contributor
The John is back!....the market doesn't like the repair bill for this high maintenance client....down 5.5%.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hoezit johnno! Very happy day for me. I bought a couple of hundred AGLSTAs during last week on the pullback and had a tight stop on a close below 21150. All ready to sell first thing this am when saw no market. Phoned SEQ and was told they not making a market today cos of the unbundling. So canned my sell and now AGL is up 5%. Whooopeee!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Fantastic B you are smart girl of course you bought in the pull back. Sorry to all telkom sharehoulders. It did take a sit-in at the local Tecnical centre to get it fixed.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Fantastic B you are smart girl of course you bought in the pull back. Sorry to all telkom sharehoulders. It did take a sit-in at the local Tecnical centre to get it fixed.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Glad you up and running again. You lucky you missed last week, it wasn't pleasant. What you up to now? We have AGLSTA, IMPSTA and BVTSTA.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am still long AGLIHB, BILIHA and AMSIHB, been trading topi intra day I want to try take out 100 points a day and with this kind of volitlity I have little doubt about it.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey B consider selling just before the close today and re-buying in the morning my experince is there is always a bit of a pull back early the next day after a huge move like this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes John, I am making money.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Fantastic kariba, what have you being buying?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi John, bought lots of SOL at 24700 and also lots of MRF at 98. Some other minor ones too. All trades in SSF. A few days ago I sold most am I am now sitting on the side lines waiting for the next opportunity of which I have a few in mind.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sweet, what are you looking at for your next buy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I still like SOL and MRF but I am nervous of the market. EXX at 6000 seems OK. SOL will make a lot of money for you by the end of the year but you must be patient and buy on weakness. By the way, one of the lessons I have learnt is to widen my stop in an general bull market. My initial stops were too narrow so when they triggered I immediately bought back.This happened to both SOL and MRF.
0 Kudos