Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

If you had to buy ONE share only and not watch it for 10 years!

Russ
Super Contributor
HAR. Recently described by one of SA's leading technical analysts as the buy of the decade at current price (or the price then-not sure what it is now that it's dropped another few percent,surely the buy of the century!)
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
MTN (They would buy airtime before they buy food!)
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Billiton, but only when the coming carnage on the shanghai exchange is finished, at around R10 stuk
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Har buy of the century called by roffe:this is where your own insight comes in
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Definitely IMU (but I'm sure you guessed that!) I reackon it will be over R 20,00 in 10 years time.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Mine would be JDH. ( threw that in ,just to make you smile ABUZZ)
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Preston, it did better than that, it made me laugh! Nice one! Hey, who knows I might still own them in 10 years time if they don't move to my sell offer of 3 cents.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
ABUZZ Get yourself some RMHB share.(however timing is critical, Buy when Financial Index is down).
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
OK, I've added it to my watchlist and will buy when the price is right. Bit high at the moment.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Buffett says only buy a stock if you'd be happy if the stock market closed for ten years...

SAB, maybe, PIK most definately. BIL over AGL me thinks as more diverscified. But I think for the 10 year view it is PIK, the most boring (and hence safe) stock on the JSE. As chartist says - if it goes bust, well then everything else is also bust.

But it becomes interesting if we make a small change. You buy this one share and that is your retirement fund. So if the share crashes then you never retire, suddenly we looking for a safe and decent return. We give up on some upside for safety, and that's largely what investing is as apposed to trading which most of the answers here been. Buy risk, close your eyes - and hope.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Interesting views all very consistant div's.. Hey Simon, if things go pear shaped people drink more beer. thats why I prefer it over the food retailers.
0 Kudos
hellfire
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos