Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interim report by SASOL

Not applicable
I have been waiting since this morning for the report. The shares dropped continuously during the course of this morning. At 2.oo pm I phoned Sasol. I was told that the SENS came out at 7.00 am. I looked it up at SHARENET and there it was. It also explained why the share had dropped so steeply. The results are not what was expected. I contacted STANDARD BANK and I was told that something went wrong on their website. POOR POOR SHOW WHICH HAS COST ME SOME MONEY!!!!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Mic
Super Contributor
Funny I read this report at 702 this morning on fin24 and on SBK site.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
where were you looking? it is on the website and price streamer!
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
If you holding shares in a company whose reults can cost you dearly, you should make it your priority to view those results... or not?. I read yesterday already theat earnings were only up around 9% and about their developments and production halts during the year. The funny thing about SASOL is that if your shuffle the letters around you get a more aptly named share... ASSOL!
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
Strange thing about that, hhmmm! We all saw it this morning on SENS, and on every financial publication worth its' salt; I empathise with you that you've lost money but that can be mitigated in some way if you're smart. SOL is the one (and probably only) share that can give you heartache and profits - timing, pricing and balls is what you need!!! Its' underlying fundamentals are sound, it's about to get into further production and the Rand has weakened further (what does that imply for SOL?.....more profits); Windfall tax? Yes, that's fine, but price it in and you'll find that you can profit when it goes up and profit when it goes down; Everyone is taxed, all the time..... D
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In every other country, after the windfall tax the profits of the company have gone UP! The reason is because the company makes huge profits so the governments want more. Why shouldn't they? And why should we leap to conclusions just because we read papers and don't consider the facts ourselves?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I've started buying SOL shares. Shares only though, and some instalments. Anything under 225 is a buy and long term hold as far as I'm concerned. I'll keep buying now and check them out again in 5 years. A PE in the 8s for Godsakes!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
About time B-baby At long last!
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
Done exactly the same. Guess it will take about 5 years for me to recoup my losses suffered on SOL warrants. Got burnt bad! Good-bye warrants.
0 Kudos