Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interviewing companies for investment purposes

Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Hi all, If you want to go and speak to a company (company secretary etc) regarding their business, management, etc from an investment point of view do you need to make a interview or can you just rock up on a adhoc basis. While having interview could you get some copies of certain documents which will help you in making investment decisions etc. Will the company see you even if you are a individual investor?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon an appointment might be a good Idea, be sure to come back and tell us about it.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
what are you trying to get insider trading info? I think u might be wasting companies time cause all the info should be public and searchable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..just don't drink the coffee. Most investor relations people are ex-financial journalists, and they DONT KNOW HOW to make a decent esspresso. That's why they gotta have a job. Becaws they are useless.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My point exactly. I wouldn't pay me for advice - nor anywone else who once worked for the pleasure of a free newspaper each day.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Me thinks its a completely useless exercise,do u think for one minute u are going to hear"our company is on the skids,take your money and run!!!!!Please give me a break.Better if u contact some one working in the company that u know.I don't know if thats inside information though!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Lol. I just hope you can cook a steak better than you used to make coffee.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Gravy, try JACOBS green or gold top. Works for me!
0 Kudos