Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Its Time

asylum
Super Contributor
to go long
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
theyoungster
Super Contributor
agreed...
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Faint heart never won fair lady, thats the long and the short of it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i concur. im watching...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nice one! good call.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
God I love days like this, it is so easy to make money first down than up...
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
John, what made u take the long if I may ask? Did you follow a gap-trade or some crossovers to go intradat long?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, I've been making more money than trading off my SSF's...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there are some great bargains out there ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Two reasons. The dow was looking like a spring all wound up and it had not made any new lows all day despite the FTSE having done so, that was the reason for me being a nervous short, but I follow the price so at 27500 my system said go long. My occilator had already given a long at 27300 so I sold my short there and went long on the occilator conformation at 27340
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
asa reached a new 12month low today i think to buy at the levels it is at is a bargain. what you guys think??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL, the whole market can see that and still they are selling and you recon you know somthing they don't... The arrogence of youth.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its about being contrarian.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No, thats when you buy when nobody else will touch it when the selling has stopped and the volumes have dropped way below the average , not while everybody is selling it> that is a very very big diffrence.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
things are actually much simpler than oscilators and being contrarian and such k a k .....very simply the dow rallied back to 11995 the 61.8% retracement from the lows it put in at 11700...nothing else
0 Kudos
ggarcia
New Contributor
hello corporates
0 Kudos