Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Its getting time to short MTN

asylum
Super Contributor
mmmmm hows that short doing?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
kicking myself on the behind, when it went down to 97 yesterday, was considering exiting my short position, was greedy, waiting for 93, never got there, now sitting nicely negative
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
was long all the way from 114 to 74 bailed out with cash all the way got to 104 yesterday and sold half then today at 106 sold the lot went short at 107 then long at 108 this is crazy lets get to 130 now so I can stop paying I really thought my timing was perfecto when it started to tumble there who the hell knows except the FD who seems to be making a killing all I want is R 60 000 to balance the books
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Just thought I've give this a bump, if this is the top of a bounce...
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
no movement today..flat, couldbe the reversal
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Yeah yesterdays chart showed massive resistance at 109, my bloomberg intraday chart look like a freaking table it was so flat up there. Closing auction averaged 109, recon that was a lot of ppl shorting at the at price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Moet sê, ek haal my hoed af vir MTN. As dit wel val die week sal dit gr8 wees. Ek het geshort op aanbeveling van iemand op R98. Baie baie dom skuif. As dit nog opgaan sal ek meer as my hoed moet afhaal. Sal van my klere moet verkoop. Let's hope R115 is the turning point down.
0 Kudos