Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JDH - rsults out in about 2 weeks

ABuzz
Super Contributor
I reakon that with the results out in about 2 weeks, we'll see the 30 million odd shares available at 1 cent being snapped up before that date and then they'll go back to trading at the 2 cent level. Also with the loss-making trailer business now out of the way and the grape season having had a good run (on the Vinguard side), this coupled with the on-going profitability of Lazaron, we should see a decent set of results for a change.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Taurus
Super Contributor
ABuzz you cant be still on this train......realy???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well he can't sell with no0 buyers so he has to be.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Immmm he had a opertunity 3 months ago when someone created a hype....
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
In terms of the JSE requirements surely they should have informed us with a SENS if they have a decent set of results?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
These guys should be suspended!!!....they rob so many guys offwell earned money.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
jaj - check their history, they only release a SENS right at the last minute, cos I guess it is only at that stage that "a reasonable degree of certainty exists that their results will be whatever percentage better or worse than the previous period" that is the SENS requirement and until such time as they reach that stage, they are under no obligation to advise shareholders. And yes, I am still holding some. As mentioned previously, I will sell at 3 cents and keep renewing my selling order accordingly (why Standard Bank can't allow us a longer order period than a month like some of the other brokers do I have no idea) I've written them off as school fees anyway, but the profit will be a nice windfall when it eventually happens (emphasis on EVENTUALLY)
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
ONE of the unofficial pointers for listed company performance is the timing of the delivery of interim and full year financial statements to shareholders. Companies that reported their end December interim of final results proverbially at the last minute included: John Daniel Holdings, Beget, Pasdec, Samroc, Good Hope Diamonds, Don and Namsea. Maybe it's a coincidence, but all these companies presented unconvincing figures - either lacking convincing cash flows, bottom line profits and strong balance sheets. By and large, the laggards in reporting financial results to shareholders are apt to produce bad news. In extreme cases a reluctance to produce financial results has been a portent of really bad tidings. Basically the JSE requires listed companies to publish their interim and full year statements within three months of the end of the half year and full year trading periods. Generally listed companies publish their interim and full year results within six to eight weeks of the conclusion to the trading period. Industrial blue chip African Oxygen (Afrox)* - a company with turnover of around R8bn - has set a remarkable example of publishing its results roughly 30 days after the end of the interim and annual trading periods. There are listed companies that occasionally have a valid reason for not being able to report results timeously. The key members of a small auditing firm may have taken seriously ill, or there may be a corporate dispute over assets and shares. Fin24: Monday Bruise: The unbearable lateness of being Apr 10 2006 07:44 81 Marc Hasenfuss
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I've been consistantly wrong about your small caps thus far ... Yet I am in agreement with Chatty that lateness in results leaves the sentiment that the board don't have their finger on the financial pulse of their business, which has a trend on indicating poor results. Hopefully your exposure is minimal incase of a de-listing.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Yes, their reporting, record and financials until now have been shocking, I couldn't agree more. However, they have closed their loss-making trailer business. And both their investments in Lazaron and Vinguard are good ones with excellent potential long term. I am not heavily invested in them, but they form part of my speculative section of my portfolio.
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
You would be clever to disappear quietly - dump them
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
You would be clever to disappear quietly - dump them
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Thanks for the advice dbm, but I'll choose to hang onto them.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
I'll hang on to mine as well, one of the good performers over the recent market upheavel. This share maintained its level.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Ega, I like your attitude, my thinking exactly!
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
You guys goto be kiding!!!!...at 1c where can it go???
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Given the laws of probability, the natural distribution curve, "The famed bell curve" and the fact that the pendulem swings; You tell us were it could go :)
0 Kudos