Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Just a thought on Banks.

kwagga
Super Contributor
Buy into banks, and go directly against the trend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
last time ASA had a pe equal to it div yield was ages ago. you know wat. im gonna stop driving to varsity, and use my petrol money to buy ASA every month! Its a win win, my car saves milage, i help in brining the oil price down, and i get a nice little retirement package!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Roman. I think you are right. If you have a longer term view you will make a lot of money that way. (despite everyone saying that theres plenty of time to get in).
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If the trend was up.. would you all be suporting of sombody going short on the reason that at some point the trend will turn?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
people, the media and the market complete botched tito's comments on 200 bps. What he said was that the MPC had run a 200 bps increase through their models. He never said they would raise 200 points, nor did he say what the models spat out. In short shoddy journalism completely missing the picture. It'll be 50 pts in June.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ya fully aggree Simon, reporters are losing investors millions for the sake of sensationalism, they should be ashamed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is ABA heading back up again ? How high can it go ?
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John the short term trend may be down BUT the long term trend is up. Are you suggesting that ASA is a bad long term investment?
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
I'm sure Tito stated a while back that the MPC would move rates at 50 basis points at a time.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Tito's been a solid governor and there's no way he'd deliver a shock like 200. Just nonsense from brainless business hacks. Interesting thing is that the banks aren't showing any signs of recovery today tho.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, was only looking at SBK. See that ASA and INL are.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
*&^% wrong account.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
... and I was just going to say something. Tell me B, do you recommend trading pool-side, or does it get boring?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
It can get boring and the endless sound of the waves crashing against the beach can get noisy. But, you know me, a stoic, and not one to complain.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am sure it will recover, I just don't know when..It may take weeks it may take a year, it may take 10 years (I know this sounds outragous but the truth is nobody knows.) What I do know is everybody and his dog can see value but the price keeps falling...the market is telling me that now is not the time.
0 Kudos