Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

KIO

theyoungster
Super Contributor
came off quiet a bit in closing auction? good place to enter?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
No. KIO has turned down exactly on an upper channel line. If it does NOT break-out upwards within a few days, then the 2-week target is the bottom of the channel, around 275 - 280.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Whats the forums long term view on this share.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
time to short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ya, there's about 12% in it to the bottom of the channel.
Gearing (of 6.5) x 12% = 78%Profit. hmm...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmmm. Those last 2 lows looks like a double bottom...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Vic. Except sounding interesting whats the meaning of a double bottom.
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Its like a double breast..its just lower down
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I would not short this one guys.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Naspers made a double bottom from 11 Jan to 4th of April. Buy on break of neckline and projected height up is distance from neckline to peaks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The double bottom is the support point of around 296...297 formed when share dropped and tested that price twice in June.

I think, judging by the comments so far, that one certainly has to take very aggressive action and do exactly nothing. On the downside, yes, I see the double bottom, but once it pierces that support then the next stop is the channel support at 275-ish. On the upside, she's just tested the top of the channel for the third time. If it breaks upwards in the next few days then ofcourse it's a buy. Beware of the hook though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, good possible buy on channel breakout, and definite buy on neckline breakout. No shorting for me on this one. Risk too great what with it hot on the tail of BIL and Rio Tinto with steel prices. Upward channel breakouts usually preceded by price forming a horizontal bottom/base in the down channel.
0 Kudos