Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

KIO

gareth01
Regular Contributor
With interim results not meeting expectations, although still very good, and the share being hammered from 320 to low 220, the share has eventually found some sanity/support, and it recovering of late, with sound volumes. Although RSI not fully supporting a outbreak, the last few days have been promising. Factoring the news today, of further investment for greater productivity, 3rd Q price negotiations with customers (on the upside) should support the share price being alot higher to what current levels reflect. (Perhaps a oil price jump would help??) What are others opinion of the share price?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
BRE
Regular Contributor
What are you talking about Gareth? KIO is up 2.5% having been up yesterday as well?
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
I said it has recovered, so in agreement with you. Just wish it had not been so hard it down to around R250 level (of now). Rem, the high of this share was R379.....still along way off!
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
This share is really value for money at teh moment, it shifts up and down substantially, if you watch it you can make a go short term return, last week I made a 7,4% return now I can buy again at the same price I originally bought at. Unfortunately the share is following market conditions. If the market can come right this share should see the 30000 mark again. What's your feelings at the moment?
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
I agree with you KVW....also wanted to get in the week before last, to get the benefit of your last weeks 7.5% gain. I think this week will be a bit on the low side, down to the R220 levels again, if breaks this, could be all the way down to R200 level...however, I think the share has found support around R220, so thats my entry point more or less.....
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I bought this morning at 23600 and it's got some up side momentum now, let's hope it holds, this week is going to be hard for most resource companies. Lets hope the DOW goes up.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
KVW - I agree with you, it has bounced nicely this morning, off its low of R230 now trading 238. Will monitor a few days, but also looking at entry around R230 level. Ohter resources really taking a pounding, like Exxro etc
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Gareth, notice the volumes that are being asked for on buy side. THe resistance is at 23000, I do not know if you watch resources but ARI (African Rainbow Minerals) are going at a good price now.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
Volumes appear very good...still think this share has been hit way to hard. Historically Kio has always performed better in the latter 6months of the year, so seeing the price at a much higher level, than the resistance level of R230 is really for me a formality....just waiting to pounce!! Dont really watch ARI, but upon quick review it has taken a serious knock of late. 9day MA still below 21day MA, RSI a bit undecided, and stochastic showing downward trend, so I would be playing the waiting game on this one....P.E is also a bit high (me think)...
0 Kudos