Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

LDT and Dividends Payable for Foschini

SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Hi guys, I just want confirmation please from any one.If i go long 800 CFD on LDT on 16.09.2010 and close my position on 17.09.2010 will i still get the dividends payable of R6.50 per share.This will give me a total dividend payout into my account of R5200.00.Thanks very much in advance.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Correct, but be aware of the next day after LDT as it has a tendancy of people getting out like you!! If your not out in time you can loose to.
0 Kudos
SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Thanks, Is it possible for me to buy and sell it on the same day and still qualify for the dividends payable.
0 Kudos
Nessy
Contributor
SEC MAN the dividend is R0.065 per share... not R6.50.
0 Kudos
SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Correct thanks .65c.Thanks guys
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
SEC MAN, the dividend is 6.50 ZARc .That is 6.5 cents. But why are you trading CFD. Have you traded non-leveraged shares before.
0 Kudos
SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Tell me Ram, If i buy and sell the shares on the same day(LDT) will i still qualify for the dividends?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No. Must hold till close to get the dividends on shares or CFD. With CFD, you will get the dividend if you sell on day following LDT. Dividend is tax free but you can claim the loss( because share price will decrease by amount of the dividend) on the CFD from tax(or net gains for the year). Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please note that you will not make money like this ! Only long term holders can profit from this...
0 Kudos
SEC_MAN
Frequent Contributor
Thanks very much guys, your input is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
So then buy the cfd take the div, as FOS should still be up from this point by year end! Take the profit and close the position at 75 bucks!
0 Kudos