Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Learn to trade

Not applicable
Any who can teach me how to trade one on one,I am in Durban
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Trust me on this: teach yourself! Attend the SCMB courses, read books and paper trade. My reasoning? Well, I can't think of someone that will really do this for free. (Except if you find a really nice person that will stick with you for 9 months and teaspoon feed you all the knowledge that he/she taught him/herself.) Paying someone is a catch-22. Let's say that my system is the fool-proof make-money crystal ball solution. Why would I want to sell it to you? I surely don't need the money, because my system makes money for me. The only person that will sell you their system (whether on paper or software *wink-wink*) will be systems that simply does not work and the inventor is repainting them, adding bells and whistles and recycling it for more than it is worth (in order to stay semi-solvent!). Trust me, teach yourself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
very good advice
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simple..never take a big losses..what else is there.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
buy low sell high
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that only works for veggies...
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Biggest lesson like John said "never take big losses"....once your capital is depleted its real tough to recover.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
never get GREEDY, set your target for profit and stick to it as well as losses
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nowadays i can buy high and sell low
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
buy low sell high does work. everyone always does it -> there is no other way to make any money on anything in this world without this! not. but rather say "Buy, Sell Higher" this works for long and short... if anyone disagrees, please tell me how you profit if you don't buy and sell higher?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SSF - to short a share, buy a share lower as what it is a the present moment
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
when you sell a share short you selling high, then buying in low, so in effect you still buying and selling higher...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
so this is just a different order, same effect, when looking in the sense of buying and selling, still buying lower than selling...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The buy ...and sell higher does make better sense..its also the reason why trends following works..as everybody is trying to do just this.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, i agree that trying to buy at the lowest level isnt correct, nobody can consistently time the market 100%, but buy, sell higher is a bit easier to achieve...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Always trade with a stop loss
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
You should consider putting 80% of your money into solid stocks and trade with teh balance 20%. Trading is a zero sum game, some one has to loose for you to make money.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
the same applies to solid stocks though
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
i went to a'share direct' meeting a month ago for a full day of trading the alsi-very high powered and interesting- at R500 per seesion thats darn expensive -lucklly i went as a freebie- same question pops into my mind - in the system is so good why sell it and the reply i got i love to teach- effectivelly it means bring your money and i will teach you how to spend it.-REMEMBER MIND REMEMBER WHEN THE CASH IS GONE THE GAME IS OVER
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Rovert, not if you are holding for the longer term. You buy at 10 and sell to me at 15. I then possibly sell it at 20. Win-Win situation. Derivatives are different in that its you win 10 I lose 10, Win-Lose situation.
0 Kudos