Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community


Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Legal advise

Reply
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
This issue really makes me sick,we have been trying for about 8yrs to have a baby,spent a fortune, emotional roller coaster from hell, etc etc,and then you hear [email protected] like this! It just doesnt make sense?!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Sorry to hear about your situation but people have different priorities in life. What works for u it doesn't necessary means it will work for them. I got another friend of mine that is in your situation and they spent R40,000 this year to get the test right so they have a child.
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
Done that six times already! I just battle to understand the bigger picture,how someone in that position is given a child, knowing that they dont want it or cant keep it, yet we are desperate and will be able to give a child a decent home,upbringing, education etc etc?!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is strange that people seem to always want what they don't have and then never understand why people who have what they want don't appreciate it. We should not judge but we also shouldn't allow someone to take an easy route out of a situation they created. You speak of the 80% chance that the child has of becoming a "bad" person in society, well there's always the 20% chance that they won't. Not all kids futures are determined by the circumstances that they are born into so don't judge the child either. Personally, I can understand that people are in different situations and everyone makes poor choices at times but we seem to forget that a wrong is a wrong no matter how hard you try to justify it, no matter how many people support it. Adults are strange, you try and teach your kids not to swear while swearing yourself, teach them not to steal while having a cupboard full of pirated stuff. I'm sorry but I don't understand...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
It's a pity the system doesn't allow for the mom to be culled along with the child (but I hear illegal abortions do that). Would help with the population problem.
0 Kudos