Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Loving the bull rally

theyoungster
Super Contributor
who else is enjoying this bull rally... such nice capital growth and looking forward to some nice dividends..I think i got value for long term.... who else has some success stories to tell
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - no, still sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the bear rally .... but for all its worth, my stxdiv's I got last month are looking wonderful :-) Much better than money in the bank. Yay.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
Stxdiv is my favourite eft
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I've been buying shares that i believe were cheap since last year this time. Since then i could see the effect of buying cheap work very well for me. Div's not bad, but i think in 1-2 years it will even be better. my main acquisition target lately was not on the JSE, but shares in JPMorgan Chase on the NYSE, after working out all the regulatory issues and getting the channel opened i ship money offshore when the ZAR-USD is attractive and buy shares when my valuation model says its good. Got some cheap shares after Obama made his proposals, and in the time since then its started moving nicely upwards, Jamie Dimon (CEO) said many times in investor presentations that the firm has unbelievable reserves which is 100% true and once employment starts to pick up and stay that way (a few months of growth) the firm will increase dividend, first it will not be huge but the earnings potential of the firm is amazing and in the next years i think overall dividends in banks will increase again, I own SBK, RMH, CPI here as well which i really like. So yes, i am very happy with the current market, and buy shares when they offer value, even though most of my recent acquisitions were offshore, i believe its important to be a bit geographically diversified, one never knows what will happen in a single country and if one is diversified it reduces political risk substantially.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
There is going to be massive margin calls on the longs tommorrow. Serious stuff. Just puts the risk of open SSF positions overnight into perspective.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Probably posted this in the wrong place. Now you know why Kagga's are extinct.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Probably posted this in the wrong place. Now you know why Kwagga's are extinct.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
and more rally :-) i love the colour of green all over...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Remember the Dow has to close above 10500 for this rally to continue....watch this carefully.....the Dow is in an ascending triangle (bearish pattern), very OB and on resistance at 10500....this is a bearish technical set up, be wary. If we close above 10500 the party continues......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That little jab to the gut in US jobs data was not nie but we should be pretty OK till about 3pm when the other data comes around. watch those spikes for the next few hours if you short term.
0 Kudos