Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MRF!!!!

Not applicable
I think that MRF just decided to turn around!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
KVW
Super Contributor
It's looking good, but I would wait maybe another 10c, this share tends to move in both directions quickly. The temptation is there.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
looking better,i'll wait on price chart for the price to cross on the moving average both green and red lines,then i'll be in again....otherwise it might just be a trap....whish some one would inform me....i'm never certain wether its a bull or bear trap????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Temptation took the best of me, i already got in at under 230c
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I'm with Barry, both MA's consistant for 2-3 days then you have to buy, long this is going to be a excellent return. Matt, you did well at 230 I think you picked up at the right time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx, but when i bought at 230 i heard people say its goin to drop to 190! So im kinda glad, but even 240 is a good buy! But we will have to see and wait!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
if you look at the charts, this share has come down significantly over some time now, im not quite sure why tho..i mean it released excellent results etc and it looks to have strong growth prospects, im going long on this but the decline in price over time worries me
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Why are all you people so excited about a company that has yet to pay it's first dividend ? Just interested to know if I'm missing something here.Various other resource shares (that pay dividends) with similar PE's,look more attractive to me. O M O.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Which companies are you thinking of in particular? PAM, HVL, DRD? For me, MRF is a better alternative than EXX to get exposure to coal. Demand for coal is sure to increase with Eskom's belated expansion and restocking.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
The majority of MRF's income is ferrochrome .Their coal operations , ( a50/50 j.v. with Sentula )will only come on stream late 2009.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Perfect timing... just in time for Eskom's build program. The forensic auditing going on at SNU makes me rather nervous about investing in that half of the partnership.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This would be a bull trap... Bull traps tempt bulls into buying too early. Bear traps trick bears into selling too early.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Cont. - have to disagree with you on MRF being a better choice than EXX. If you want exposure to Coal,EXX far better . OMO.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Matt. Looks like I was wrong stating there was a possibility that this one will drop to the 190 levels. Shes picking up on good volume. I will problably go long one the ma crosses over and when it closes above 250.Hopefully for a run to the R450 Deutche Bank levels set a few months ago?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
best explanation i've heard,thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Platsak, hopefully it does not drop to to 190s like you said, it could still change and do that! But do you realli think it could go to 450?
0 Kudos