Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MUR taking a pounding

asylum
Super Contributor
almost back to its 52 week low, hows the industry looking, i read the sens on mur but that was to be expected, how bad can it get, maybe a punt on this one for a quick buck with tight stops. Anyone?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
What about a long punt with loose stops! I am not trying to be funny. For ranging markets, i work on a principle that I buy on resistance and sell in the neutral zone near the MA's. I look for a 20% trading range (40% between highs & lows) for this. Not saying this is the best, it just seems for me to be the only one that is working for me at the moment.M&R is 10% at best, which makes the risk reward not worth it on my system. I am thinking of adding them to my longer term portfolio
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Although having said that, I prefer Aveng. My logic is that they stand to recover off the back of infrastructure spend, and, as a bonus, I have a shoot the lights out opportunity, if the Eskom powerplant should somehow land their way
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yea,Won't put money on this one right now,they are in a lot of the brown stuff,RUC mining (a div of MUR)have just cancelled a couple of the contoversial 457 visas over here in OZ,due to the slump in the mining industry,meanig quite a few South Africans are on their way home.Also heard that quite a few contracts have been cacelled over in Dubai.
0 Kudos
JohnDoe
New Contributor
Slow start to the year, and bad results from international. But close to 60% of revenue is still from SA market and there has been a flurry of big tenders (power, very big water LHWP and MAWP), 2010 construction still on going, and big infrastucture spend in budget. This year 09/10 wont be as good as last, but wont be worse than the 40-60% already accounted for in price. Expect 5500 - 6000 in three to six months, once market wakes up to the good earings for 08/09 and good forcasts for 09/10.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Group Five results out today disappointing and it pulled the construction sector index down.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
MUR. Getting moer'd. LOL
0 Kudos