Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Malsi

Not applicable
Other markets selling off like mad..are we following suite..no
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Rams
Super Contributor
very slugish...had to refresh easytrader couple of times....but today the MALSI was like an ATM ...a very stingy ATM but maybe she dont like it too short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Drop on markets more than everyone expected-But could there be a run on the alsi today after a gap down??
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Watch The JSE burn Today,Perfect Day to place some Bets on the LOW
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't be so sure. All this action was in Asia, not driven by Wall Street or Europe. They will have their own minds as to where to go.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
actually, scratch that - it was wall street with the selloff.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I went short just before the open. I figure there's some potential upside but there's a darn big hole below. People are pricing in the end of QE, Greece still not out of the woods, jobs in the US getting iffy, property double-dip.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Market going to get beaten with a stupid stick today, Dow and S&P had there lead boots on last night... I dont expect any big upward movements..tomorrows data from the US will give us direction..If the number is good or slightly bad we rally..but like I said last week we not out of the woods yet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just offloaded my Kumba shares - that should classify as the straw that will break the camel's back. The camel being the FTSE - no way can it resist such an aggressive sell off.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not so sure.Yesterdays sell-of was much to slow for a end of trend sell-off.And my most important paterns are still in place(only just).I am voting agains the general consensus and my first signal that i am correct would be at least a gap close today.
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Double-Dip Recession? Www.cnbc.com
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well if we were all short it wouldn't be a short then..if she lifts her head and makes a run I will be very surprised..the day is still young so plenty can happen
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I cashed out at about 120 pts profit or so but all I'm looking to do is raise my entry point and get exposed to the downside. I'll consider this market in a trading range with a helluva good chance of a plunge. To go higher than our relatively recent highs, the market has to ignore a lot of stuff. Climbing walls of worry is one thing, but unless QE3 is coming, forget it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If we get below 28550- 28500 I think we are going to motor downwards..Im confident we gona try..lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Only end of the world can bring this market down?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
hey, Christos,wont that be profitable on the short side...generational wealth
0 Kudos