Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market overall

Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Any guesses if we will have a more 'NORMAL' week this week or will this up/down be the new NORMAL? I see the Top40 has broken out of a downward channel, a bit too early to confirm, what do you guys think?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
platsak
Super Contributor
When is good time to take bit of profit. Scared that I will do it way too early as usual?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is Normal nowadays???
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Hi Oom Boom - In all sincerity - If you have to ask others what they think about the market and you seriously consider acting on their advice you are going to lose lots of money. Rather attend a course or train yourself to read a chart properly, set you entry and exit levels and go for it. You will not make money all the time but with good money management you will get the bigger deals to come off. Even George Sorros takes losses. But to ask others on this and other forums for advice is a death nail in the trader's coffin. If you want to chat - well that's anothe story.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Taking profit is the best thing you can ever do. Don't overdo it!!! Be happy with what you got!!!
0 Kudos
Happy
Contributor
Hi Grubber kick - In all sincerity - This is a Chat forum, not a authorized financial advisor helpdesk. Have been trading when you were still wondering what trading is. The question is/was, are we going up or down or both. Time to reenter and buy bargains or time to exit totally and spend the dosh on pimping your ride. Great opportunities for day trading if you can handle it. Large fluctuations as we have presently are all very ominous for 'investors'
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Happy hope you were trading 25 yrs ago. And your point is?
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Grubber, I was asking fellow investors opinion, not asking for advice. Why don't you answer my question or don't you have an opinion?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Oom Boom i think this run wil be over,bar the shouting,about 14 Mar,then the bear will re-appear.After all US markets are no where near a major turn a round and really wether we like it or not they influence our market as they are the most prominent buyer of our resources.China might fill that roll in a couple of years time.They are fairly unsophisticated in market movement and i really fear the day when they go into a bear market themselves.In that case i'll exit the market and not try bear trading till the market stabilises again.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Oom Boom - My opinion is that the charts (GBP/Yen) rate are telling me that we are in for some downside and now is not the time to go long unless you want to take some risks.We may be in for a rally but in the medium term say to the middle of March we will be in for some downside and then some good buying opportunities will exist.
0 Kudos