Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mondi true value.

john_1
Super Contributor
Ok I know I am going on about this but I think its really inportant.Anglo's seperated out mondi and if they did nothing to there own share price the anglos price would drop by 35 mondi shares at market value of R 66 or R2310 per 100 sahres or R23 So to stop this ( 'cos the dirrector get paid in share opptions ) they reduce the number of anglo shares to 91. So it is safe to assume that 9 anglo are valued at R256. But wait there is more... anglo's are trading at R 388 ( average price estimate less divideds for march april and may) and infact on friday were at a value of R409 so were did all the money go... The answer lies in the fact that anglos valued mondi at around R 100 a share or 30 % higher than were its trading now. And remember they did this to protect themselves so I figure BUY MONDI.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Brazen
Super Contributor
I agree. I'm gonna hold on to the the MNPs I'm given and add to them so I have a decent holding.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have it from anglos that they valued the 9 angl shares at 27.07 pounds per share @ 14 to the Rand that is R 3410 for 35 mondi's or 97.45 per share. So that at R66 a share it is at a 32% discount to the value the anglo board valued the company at.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, lot of sellign for a few reasons. Firstly, Mondi PLC is inward lsited, so only individuals can hold. Any SA company getting the plc ones have to exit. Secondly, a fund manager wons agl as he/she wants a resource asset - not paper. So they also selling. Thirdly an index tracker (Satrix) holds agl in the full quantity but may now have too many mondi and so have to sell mondi to become weighted. Fourthly, some people don't liek mondi. o lots of reasons to sell 9even more then listed here). reasosn to buy? Well most who wanted bougth agl last week to get free shares.

So pressure on sell side.
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
Maybe a stupid question but please try to help: At AGL company activities it shows "Mondi" as representing 24.15% of AGL assets. Does this not mean that MND value is something like R446.00 x 24% = R107.64? Or is MND and MNP worth R107.64 combined?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Tuco, you can't do a direct analysis like that as it depends how many mondi shares in issue vs. how many agl shares in issue. You're assumign it is the same number, unlikely.
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
Thanks Simon. I wonder if the guys at SFM are interested in doing a valuation for us some time?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tuco you are spoy on as it was one for one on the MPLC then there was a share consolidation 1-4 creating the MND MNP shares. so yes the value is some were between 107- 97 but not at 66
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
john, maybe you can tell me where/how I can find the market value and no of shares of AGL as at Friday 29 June? (I'm not sure using 2 July x 1/0.91 works out right)
0 Kudos