Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Money to be made

Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Precisely a week ago MTN intraday high was R117.48. Today it touched R99.12. That is a huge return for the shorts.
0 Kudos
53 REPLIES 53
platsak
Super Contributor
Someone called that 118 level very nicely.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Cat man...thats not money to be made thats money that has been made...but you are falling into a very simple trap and that is you are retro fitting a trade to a known outcome...you never know what is going to happen when you place a trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am such an idiot,was short on MTN,from 116,followed it down till 107,closed my position,i taught that we would have a bounce,went long from 106,closed my position yesterday at 104,and went short again at 105..are we headed down to the low 90s?? Im disapointed that this baby is not falling like the others,the dow must sink tonyt...
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
There seems to be strong support at R100 though....lets see if it closed above R100...then possibly up ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I told theater cat that this share always finds support at the 100 mark...whats a good share to go long at in times like this??hehe
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Who says it has found support? It may just be warming up on the downside... volume is picking up nicely.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
More volume on the buy side right now...lets see how the close pans out
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are we going to see a bounce tommorow?? or will the downward trend continue??
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
who knows....i'm betting going up but i dont think you can go too wrong buying in now and more on the way down if it does break 100. Lets see tom....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Would any1 know,what drives this share price???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like its going to test support at 99-98,if it breaks we could be going down to 92...any taughts??
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Supply and demand...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Within half an hour of me cashing out my short the share decided to ignore the 100 support level. Anyone thinking of going long between 89-92 again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it could break resistance at 89,imagine that,its be back to 74:)..hahaha ok ok im hoping it does:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MTN oversold on my simple chart. Might bounce back before weekend if ALSH turns around.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Going to close between R101 and R102 today - lets see if my crystal ball is correct...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Depends on world markets, Goes below 89 level we will probably see a double bottom at 74 I don't see this going any lower then that. Therefore...anything under under 90 is a bargain.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha just now it plops to a 95 close :D
0 Kudos