Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mysterious goings on!

Not applicable
Hi Simon, So much is a mystery to me. For one - take Sovfood. Sens says directors have sold at 1380 on 2nd and low was 1400?! Do things go on behind the scenes? Thanks. And I agree you'll be doing nothing but communicating to all of us who need to know things but then you are the fount of all knowledge! Have enjoyed your courses I have been on.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
steph
Not applicable
SovFoods. 1 question. What brands do they own or are they merely contract packing for Pioneer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sovereign Food Investments Ltd is the holding company for three principal operating subsidiaries within the broiler industry which cover breeding activities, broiler farming and processing, animal feed milling and value-added poultry processing and trading.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't know what happened here, but looks like an off market trade (after hours) and as such to a pre-planned buyer such as an institution or something. Smaller less liquid companies will sometimes do a special deal with directors selling to institutions as the institution can't get enough stock on the open market.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for that Simon. Didn't know it was possible to trade after hours but it figures when I see some of the odd goings on. As I said so much is a mystery to me!
0 Kudos