Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New Trader

Not applicable
What books can I buy to help me with my first trade?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
good start is Become your own stockbroker by Jacques Magliolo.Another is Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas.Both available at exclusive books.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
If you are going into warrants a good book is "Down and out in Paris and London".It is George Orwell's account of living in poverty.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Visit www.gold-eagle.com, click on technical analysis box.www.white-history.com.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
My comment was tongue-in-cheek. Just start small and always have a stop-loss. (How many times has that been said on this forum?).View losses as school fees.Learn from them.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
http://www.4shared.com/dir/2767192/ba1e7659/sharing.html check that link out. Might find something you like
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Whenever I used stops, I was wrong - 100% of the time. In all cases, the market took a quick dip, stopped me out, and went back to a "safe" level, or even skyrocketed soon after the dip. I do not put stops in anymore - since March.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Try keep your stop on paper, and use alerts to inform you to act.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Yes, I do that.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, revised edition with commentary by Jason Zweig. Published by Harper Business, 2003. First read this book, then decide if you still want to trade or invest. Amazon link is http://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-Investor-Definitive-Investing-Practical/dp/0060555661/ref=pd_bbs_s...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Come into my trading room by Alexander Elder
0 Kudos