Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Now!

barry_1
Super Contributor
Could it be its time has come?....Investors are flocking to gold to preserve their capital....On 21 January 1980 it reached $820 ,which in todays terms, taking currencies into consideration according to the Fed calculations should stand at $2186.50c....So this tells me there is still considerable upside for the metal....OMO....I see CNNMoney says that fourteen banks have so far been saved from bankruptcy and they think that there could still be three times that amount there that would still require assistnce.There is also a comment that those saved are becoming moribund and might go into zombie mode,what ever that might mean!Probably in our language not capable of carrying out their functions.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
Donald Trump seems to like his sidekicks fawning over him and irritating me,with apprentices saying "yes mr trump,no mr trump"....in his past he is no stranger to bankruptcy....i see today that his gambling interests in LA have filed for chapter 11.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, the TRUMP.One big PR exercise posing as a businessman.Watch out for GLD as an INVESTMENT(a No-no).TRADING ONLY.It's another Paper Scam that will implode, somewhere alomg the line.All one has to do, is look at WHO is in charge of .... www.runtogold.com ## Article titled A PROBLEM WITH GLD AND SLV ETFS....Adios.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
thanks ,interesting site.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
A couple of interesting stats. If you took R100,000 on the 31/12/2005 and invested it in the JSE Top 40 Index, the Dow Jones Index, the FTSE Index and Gold and using the relevant currency conversions at the time and then brought it all back on the 31/12/2008, ie. 3 years later, also using the relevant currency conversions, you would have the following. FTSE R98,646 JSE Top 40 R118,289 DOW R120,446 GOLD R246,725 Over that period of time the JSE Top40 rose by 11.83%, the Dow Jones declined by 18.11% and the FTSE declined by 21.08% Gold rose by 146%. No allowance has been made for dividends.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Oh dear... I suppose it shows you you can trust nobody!
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Just look what happened when everyone thought that AAA rated mortgage debt was so "safe".
0 Kudos