Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OMU and Rand/Dollar exchange

Rovert
Super Contributor
What is the general impact here.....if the rand loses value against the US dollar...do we expect OMU share price to drop or rise?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
Just my 2 cents worth. General rule of thumb is that any entity with operations abroad that comprise a material part of their revenue stream should in theory move up when then Rand weakens (acts as a Rand Hedge) and down when the Rand strengthens. Unfortunately though it is not that straight forward. The state of the operations abroad is also important but at this point in time, INVESTOR SENTIMENT plays an important part. A bleak global economic outlook has been painted so any bit of bad news will no doubt spark a sell off despite fundamentals which might not look to bad for a particular stock.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Geez! "Green Beast" I want to hear the story behind that name..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi john, it's actually pretty silly. A couple of years back I owned a hotted up Metallic Green Uno Turbo that was seriously quick and my alias on the Abarth (Uno Turbo) website was Green Beast. When I registered on the Standard Bank Online website, for ease of reference I used this name but I must admit that it has lead to me shying away from placing posts on the forum. I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and more often than not, I'm pretty impressed with some of the posts.
0 Kudos