Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Old Mutual ( sigh)

partridge
Super Contributor
Well it had to happen and of course its all about debt reduction...anyone reading the sens gets a gold star for understanding it first time round - and RSA pays ( again) ( for the Chinese JV - WHICH could be an exciting opportunity...) ANY VIEWS?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
The sale is significant. It has been on the cards for a long time, and analysts have been punting the strategy for ages. Now that it has taken place, it is clearly liked by the market, so lets see if this propels OML forward? Me, I don't invest in this type of business, because I can never understand it. Give me production volumes, brand name, good ol' fashioned sales and cost of sales and I am happy. Reading OML financials gives me a headache
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am going to cancel all my products with Old Mutual cos i do not support a communist country.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Anyone agree that it has broken out of a massive reverse head and shoulders going back to feb 2008,as well as breaking through 5 year resistance?If so the upside potential is huge.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I see the 12 month out target price is /was 190p - but I think this share is best left to traders as the management (?) that run it lack evidence of any kind of business savy... and as our woolly friend from the Karoo says - who understands its business?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I heard many thing's about this company, but the 111% price increase since buying this share in Dec 2008 speaks for itself. It was horribly undervalued then, and according to me is still a little undervalued. A keeper in my books for another 12 months at least.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Still looking good,despite being overbought.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
question is....how high can she go?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why was seemingly everybody short a stock that was moving higher ??
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
it can go higher my target would be around 20 within 12 months and then it may be time for me to take some profit I have hung in with this share for a long time.I initially bought as a safe bet_how wrong I was-shows how there is always some well qualified idiot around who can destroy value and I fell for it-good learning for me
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Just pushing up against resistance now.Will be interesting to see what happens next.Probably due for a pullback.
0 Kudos