Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Old Mutual

Eagle_Canyon
Occasional Contributor
Old Mutual must have a real good upside. Hammered the most by previous exposure in the USA, and linked to the retarded share performance on the London stock exchange. Numerous calls to de-link the tie to London linking, in order for the share to release its true local value.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
I wonder who's off loading these amount of shares in OML?
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I wonder who is buying?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and is this positive or negative...good or bad for the ones that is holding long or short....does anybody know something out there???
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Ya, this is strange huge volumes been going through since last week almost seems that its one large holder moving shares to another large buyer without having to go through all the red tape dont think thats possible though but never know. Will be interesting to see what happens when these volumes drop off this has created a very strong technical support at 1000.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
OML average volumes are round 20 mil already at 23 mil and only 11h30 unbelievable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OML broke the 15ema support and keeping below it. Not a buy at the moment . Exept if you are a: stochasticalvolumetradinggapseekingintradayeyerollingbumscratching boffin.. my opinion.
0 Kudos
Eagle_Canyon
Occasional Contributor
The share definately has support. couple on months ago a pension fund form europe bought 2 billion worth, which jumped the share to almost 10.50 from less than 9.50, based on its assesment of the stock being under valued. So on the comments, I do believe people are buying. Technical level in current volatility is 1000, while we should see the upswing as soon as sentiment improves. Financial advisors are calling furiously on customers at present, understanding that interest rate cuts has relesed some houlsehold income. All those people who surrendered their policies in the last 18 months are condiering re-investing. This can mean only one thing!!! This share top value not a long time ago was 2500. How close can we get over time?? I do not know. Longer term, I think we will see the value re-couped and even exceed previous high levels
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
crossed 11 day, 15 day but 22 day a good support in a share thats trending up quite strongly so if your a swing trader maybe catching the bottom of the channel worth a long me thinks
0 Kudos