Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PPC shares

Hendry
Not applicable
Hi! Can anyone explain why PPC shares are decreasing continuously for the last 12 months, where every analyst (e.g. bank, property market, economist)is reporting on the excellent develoments in building sector, mining sector, new residential developments and so on. Where ever I go new buildings rises and all uses cement that is supplied by atleast 80% from PPC. Is it because of the PPC BEE projects deal last year, poor management of funds, poor quality developments?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
I want to know the answer to that myself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PPC should pick up quiet significantly when the results + dividend is announced at the end of Sept. Hang in there.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Fall in demand and infrastructure development for increased capacity.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
I believe PPC cannot supply in market demand from own production, so they are protecting their market share through importing some cement at a loss. As soon as their new production comes on line their share should reflect an improved better bottom line. Also they are an energy intensive industry and high coal costs will hurt them.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
The speculants has left?
0 Kudos