Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Penny Shares Best Value

platsak
Super Contributor
In the opinion of the forum where is the best value in Penny Shares at the moment. I am looking at aquiring the following shares during price dips: Sanyati Pinnacle Afdawn Don Outlook of 1 to 3 years. If everyone nominate their top 3 shares I will compile a list with the results.
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why Pinnacle ?? me thinks many better ..
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have taken a punt on Faritec
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
How about AGL - almost a penny stock (:-
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
The problem in a vicious downcycle such as the one we are currently experiencing is that many of the smaller and more recently listed companies will simply not be able to survive - either because of too much debt, undiversified earnings streams, inadequate business models, too high overheads, insufficient reserves etc. So, rather than be brave this early, I would rather wait for the clouds to lift first before committing cash to this end of the market. When the cycle does eventually turn, the larger index stocks will recover first and there will be ample time to buy into the surviving smaller companies. No reason to be adventurous yet...my opinion only.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Not true penny stock, but look at BLU (Bluetelekoms)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
From Financial Mail" JSE WEEK - Feb '09 - THE UGLY DUCKLING Larry Claasen ONELOGIX 1. Cash positive 2. Revenue up 3. Share ignored 4. Dividend paid 5. Profitable OneLogix can teach a few other AltX companies a lesson on cash management. African Cellular Towers and Country Foods have learnt the hard way that cash is king, but it is not a new insight for this transport group, which pushed up cash generated from operations 86% to R36m for the six months to end-November. It also increased revenue 31% to R326m and operating profit 16% to R38m. But this seems lost on investors. OneLogix's share has tumbled from R1,20 in March 2008 to its current low of 42c. It's a giveaway at a p:e of 2,79.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I don't know where FM came with the "Dividend Paid" ? I don't see that reflected in the results.
0 Kudos
Dancing_Queen
Contributor
OLG does not pay a dividend - I know because I own some. It is trading at tangible NAV currently. In times like this PE does not mean much. Tangible NAV shuould be the theoretical break up value (assuming the managers do not run it into the ground before anything can be realised).
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I'd rather settle for "The best of...ABBA"
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
If one is looking only at P/E D/Y,and those that are paying div's, how can you beat FPF,ABU and ESR ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Re. FPF, half of their income comes from bond origination; how is the battle between the banks and the bond originators going?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
You are right - they will be under pressure.
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Old Mutual . . . bwaaaghh.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Pennies will be the last to rally in an upswing.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I view these shares with the same contempt, as i do when i back my beloved WEST HAM UNITED every year to win the F.A. cup. DON as i stated last week, the land value of their properties is equal to their share price, i fully expect them to be gobbled up by some entity not necessarily a hotel company. AWETHU have finally got their Carltonville plant up and running, as the cost were absorbed last year,they have in fact been gifted a free plant on line.Now all they have to do is sell the extra product. Normally i would not get involved but i am getting bored waiting for Iran to cross the point of no return and test Mr Obamas metal...........
0 Kudos