Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Probably a good idea to get out of Gold Mining now

Shard
Super Contributor
Just a friendly piece of advice. I may be wrong, I may right, but i closed my positions.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
bruno_1
Occasional Contributor
Good call, I also closed out my positions around lunch time, 20 percent plus over a couple of days and the party is over for now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The party has just begun, Fed has played their final hand which was the interest cuts. MArkets refuse to see light at the end the tunnel. Gold is the safest to be in
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I may be wrong, but based on the performance in the US we could see the miners decline today even with the gold price up. Of course this could also just have been a correction because thoughs stocks moved up 25-30% when there was only really reason to move to 20% max. The correlation between gold price and gold mining has gone all wonky in the last week and a half. I got out of gold mining and into NewGold yesterday, dont think I hold it overnight though, considering taking up overnight positions in gold mining again at the end of the day, just need to see what happens when the market opens.
0 Kudos