Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Put warrant TOPSBZ?

Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Can someone explain to me why when the ALSI 40 is down 226 points (0.8%) the put warrant is also down 1c (2.56%)? Mugs game warrants?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what's your reference?
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I was told that warrants still decay every day, including Saturday and Sunday, so if you bought on Friday, you have 3-4 days decay almost a weeks decay before you blink on Monday. AND the issuers rip us off - hint hint. Note that I think SBank is not the worst. The issuers move their spread up and down to make money - you are nothing in this game! I am now trying to trade warrants only Monday to Thursday, and maybe Friday - definitely trying to sell into the weekend. Simon's comment refers I think to the reference being that the TOP40 warrants and waves are all referenced and hedged to the Futures, which us at OST can't see - hint hint Simon!!!
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the reply CrownA. True what you say but then the top 40 is still down by 220 points .8% then why is the call option TOPSBB UP by 1 cent 1.7% and the put option TOPSBZ DOWN by 1 cent 2.6%. Somebody is up here that I cannot understand. Would time erosion not affect both of them then?
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
In a perfect world you would be right - both should decay. But this just proves the fiddles done from the Issuers!
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Bought TOPSBZ for 38c this morning. Should i hold on to them and see what tomorrow brings or should i cut my losses. Any advice?
0 Kudos