Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Question for Brazen

Bossie_Bek
Contributor
Have you still got time to watch the markets? Are you people, at our eastern coast, still safely afloat? I believe Mosselbaai district had more than 400mm rain - how is your area in Knysna?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
BossieBek, ek is van die sentrale binneland, maar het geluister na inbelprogram: mense uit die Suid-Kaap wat vertel van spruite wat nou riviere is, onderwatersituasies, landerye wat damme is, melkplase wat met vol melktenks sit en nie lewering kan doen nie.
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
groot brak , klein brak villages are totally flooded out, also think that the kaaimans pass could be breached, the cliffs were spitting out water at a huge rate this morning. wilderness village also heavily under water in areas
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
This isn't sounding good for places on the flood-plains.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is not good for me as i'm in the insurance industry and these type of claims influence my bonus badly
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hiya BB! Long time since we've heard from the dimond magnate in Oudtshoorn! Very wet here and no sign of let up, still coming down. I'm kindof used to it now, seems to happen every year around this time. Guess there's a good reason we have ancient forests all around us!
0 Kudos
Bossie_Bek
Contributor
G-O-O-O-D!!! was a bit worried about my sharp neighbour not anywhere to be found on the forum - thought maybe she is fighting the floods. Am still crying about not buying SOL on your recommendation when it was struggling around R225. Pardon the pun it is water under the bridge. Keep aflout!
0 Kudos