Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

REINET

amanda_1
Occasional Contributor
Any comments on results???
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
AJT
Super Contributor
IMO still to early to read to much into the results. I do however believe it is the best rand hedge fund available within SA and over time the share will do very well. I believe RMB has been investing heavily in REI...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hold some and am considering selling. With no dividend now I believe that there might be better value in other stocks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ive been told to ignore the results, and only use reinet shares for long term investment.
0 Kudos
ICE_MAN
New Contributor
hi i'm new to this, but just to comment on Reinet i was actually informed to use this as a Short Term Investment
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Thats the beauty of the stock market... For every buyer there is a seller. One trader says go long, and the other says go short. If we all felt the same way, there would be no trading.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Every rand they keep they're going to use really well. They're also going to only choose things that they think will do better than BAT, otherwise they'd just keep the money in BAT.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
it comes down to wether you believe Johan Rupert and his team know how to make money. IMO he has a proven track record. REI has to sell their stake in BAT within the next 3 years (think this date is correct), as this was part of the agreement with listing on the Luxemborg Stock exchange, once they conclude this sale, they will be sitting on a pile of cash in an enviroment where markets have been supressed. I therefore believe the long term benefits are good for this share (IMHO)...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Absolutely. Who would have thought of buying Lehman's bunch? Not I.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
On the dividend side, the Rupert's have a lot of their personal cash in this share, therefore you can bet they are going to pay decent dividends going forward. I would have been concerned if they had paid a dividend at this point of time...
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Some elaboration in the Reinet report referred to the dividend from abroad not taken up in the financials. At this point the div has been paid over to Reinet and the maiden dividend should follow from there. I agree that the Ruperts would want their portion, but they have enough dough in the family and will not compromise the company if a pay out is not justified.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
im buying more :-) maybe its the next birkshire!!
0 Kudos