Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Really only my opinion....

barry_1
Super Contributor
....but Golds might make a run tomorrow as well as plats...anyway i hope so!
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
The gold price just dropped through the floor as the US markets opened! What's up with that? Surely a +1% open for the markets can't be that bad for gold?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The Dow is tanking at this moment,some catching up ,that is our gold price which is shown by SBK is correct and as that was lower than the American price last night,guess triggered stop losses over there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice head and shoulders on Gold chart..GFI down 9% mmm
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
now Dow is up,really a very volatile scene over there!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gold can pull back all the way to 880 and still stay in its nice little angling chimney on the weekly chart. Good buying opportunity with low risk stops when it gets there.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Golds are not to be touched 4 now
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Well i don't have the figures for all the mines but DRD cost of production per ounce in the last quarter was around $600 and that should be considerably less this quarter having closed the loss making underground ERPM workings....Making a great profit....Most of the big boys are around $750 per ounce,they do it on sheer volume of course....I don't know how many forumites are aware of the fact that this weaker Rand is going to further boost our earnings from gold,in local currency of course...a double whammmey indeed!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Barry. Do you per chance have Simmers production costs and volumes on hand?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi,no as i have not received this years annual report yet....Go to company profile and u will see the last item on their index is ratio summaries....looking at last year 2008, i see that there cost of production was about R170,000 per kilogram and income in the range of about R190,000 per kg.
0 Kudos