Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Richmont vs PSG

Don007
I know they are different industries, but want feedback as to which you would prefer as a long term investment?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
partridge
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Howcome? Good management, but the fees bother me. Looks like a great way to enrich the boss.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Richmont is a good rand hedge, if that is what you are looking for. PSG, if memory serves, are big into agriculture plays - with holdings in Zeder, Distell, Pioneer, etc. Both are good long term plays, with different investment cases driving them. You definitely can't compare the two.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
One caters for the rich (expensive toys) and the other for the poor (basic food).Buy them both so you've got all bases covered :). I don't own either
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ruperts versus the Moutons - who do you prefer. I have a bit of PSG and Zeder and have done ok the past few years. The DY could be a bit higher on Zeder, but they only pay out what the underlying companies yields are. For Reinet it may be a better option to go directly into BTI. I dont own any Rembrandt and have gone with Gilbertsons Faberge as my bling investment - so far not so shiny, but who knows.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ag not Rembrandt - I mean Richmonte...
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
some people plant trees,others plant arboretums- decide what you want.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I had psg but sold at profit-the more I looked the more confused I became-lots of irons in the fire and felt to me as if the empire was complex-it got too much for my small mind-got a good track record which is what attracted me in the first place.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
It has always been much easier to make money by getting people to pay for your superior knowledge or supposed secret method. However, it is nonsense to believe such fountains of knowledge have any success of any significance. If they were really as good at making money as they claim, why would they try so desperately for contributions??? They try every trick in the book and then some. They even send messages to themselves to create an image out of thin air.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Ho, now you strike like the blind man A- A`twas the boy that stole your meat, and youA'll beat the post
0 Kudos