Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rights offer

BMac
New Contributor
What's the best approach here? Accept the rights offer at R2.24 per share (at maximum 75% of total allocation)? Purchase more shares to participate even more? Is this a good deal or are we throwing momney into a wishing well?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Usually - the extra liquidity drives the price down - and the rights offer sets the price for the share (for a while at least.) So there is, as a rule, no hurry. You follow your rights because you want to participate in the story going forward - ie the share issue adds value. So you need to ask yourself: do you really think that is the case here?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
buy or dilute
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
On a more serious note - buying this share ALLWAYS implied that you would be adding to the capital. Frankly you couldn't build a sandcastle with the capital they had - but at least there is a plan( which doesn't of itself mean it is or is going to be a cut and dried success). So..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yeah. They have no plan, just a story. Tapping the shareholders for a little cash. Best the shareholders get acclimitised. BUT I didn't say that. Got into a bit of a battle over this one a while ago. It was over R4. Didn't like it then. Still don't like it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
never re-inforce failure, IMO. And this is just one of a lot more rights offers. They still have to recapitalize Faberge, so we can expect another rights offer down the line
0 Kudos
MCB
Occasional Contributor
Why would you say that Faberge will necessarily need further funding? My understanding is that Faberge is currently raising capital themselves, and PGL is merely instituting a rights offer to ensure they can participate in the capital raising (as well as other investments). Given the percentage of the rights offer being allocated to Faberge, and taking into account PGL's percentage holding in Faberge, do you not think the capital being raised will sustain themselves going forward? Given that PGL also has PGM holdings and their Gemfields stake, if they leverage the relationships theoretically one should be able to minimise working capital at Faberge and thus minimise its capital requirements? The IDCs injection into the PGM holdings this year will surely go a long way to providing the necessary capital to ultimately realise value in the PGM holdings. Gemfields is long on its way to being self-sustaining. Tshipi-Borwa is on track to meeting its production start. Where do the risks lie for significant funding requirements going forward? I realise that depending on the timing of when Mount Nelson and Mount Ida come on line, some funding may be required for these.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take another look at their operations. They have 1 very small platinum mine - with 3 or 4 adjacent properties that are still only at BFS stage, in fact their entire strategy is dependant on those farms being consolidated into a single asset and there were ownership issues for the farm slap bang in the middle, so I don't even know if that story is resolved yet. So only 1 producing mine that is making limited money off surface extraction. Then they have Gemfields which has a loonggg history of underperforming or even trying to make profit. Faberge is raising capital (what is the difference of PGL or Faberge floating shares? for you the shareholder the end result is the same). So they have a slew of near term production mines, and I have never, never heard of a near term producing mine actually raising sufficient cash for becoming a producer. They almost all go out with a begging bowl again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems the NPL's are trading much lower than they should be at the moment. 224+4=228<230
0 Kudos