Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SAL - Bid/Offer Question

DCTrader
Super Contributor
Looking at the current bid/offer spread for Sallies... why would anyone drop down to selling his shares at 92c if he can see the top bid is sitting at 95c followed by 92c... things like this that keep the price of this one down.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
becuase they want to be sure they will get out. If the 95c buyer is int he market first and 92c seller gets to them before anybody else they will exit at 95c. But the short answer remaisn that the 92c is a desperate seller.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi DC - I am not sure, but this is how I see it working. If you put a lower price on your sell offer, then your transaction moves to the top of the pile and gets traded first (even though the trade may go through at a higher price) I have often used this to get to the "front of the queue" on buting orders (and it works), but haven't tried it on the selling side.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Oh well... at least OML finally cracked the R25 mark
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Have you guys read the note on http://www.miningmx.com SALLIES MAY NOT MAKE IT - Justin Brown Source: Business Report Posted: 20/04/2007 SALLIES LIMITED has not turned a profit since 2002 and there are fears that it may not be able to continue operating. BDO SPENCER STEWARD has noted that the fluorspar mining company made a net loss of R19m for the six months to December and that the group's liabilities exceed its assets by R26,2m. SALLIES shares closed 4.76% down at R1 yesterday. Is this relevant or nt?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
So r u saying that this company can turn things around this year or r we going to see the share price fall down to 1c
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Read their annual report on their website... does look possible that they can turn things around. But whether they will or won't is anyone's guess. Just feel it offers good value at these levels if they do manage to turn a profit. Are they issueing a 3 months trading report soon?
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Think i will stick with MRF for now,they seem to be on the right path
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Dc you sound like someone that is very angry at the sellers...wonder why..hahaha
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Nope, not angry, just didn't seem logical at the time... nothing to do with the company involved. But you always have some useless comment to make Taurus so I won't take much notice...
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
DCTrader ,for whats it's worth ,hope these guys can make a comeback. Seems to me that allot of people have interest in this company doing well. Good luck man
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Well you did and that says a lot and anyone who ignores a news report like that aswell as the current market trend are emotionaly involved..very bad :)
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Got my stops in place and hasn't been hit... so yes I'm hopeful it turns around, but if it doesn't then I'm out. True what you say though bout getting emotionally involved. Trading in the Zone 101 ;)
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
Sallies is now trading as low as 89c. Thinking of buying at 80c. Do you guys think that this share will go down that low?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
One bad word now and can spook it into a short-medium term sell. However it looks as though it's making a double bottom. There is no clear direction at the moment.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Have a look at HAR on 5 Feb and DRD on 28 Feb. Same situation as SAL but with very different outcomes. RSI is also on the same level.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
SAL sitting at a deadlock at the mo... no trade since 13:23!
0 Kudos