Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHP

Russ
Super Contributor
Why can we not short this with cfd's?
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Rovert
Super Contributor
or AMS..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it is called income protection - they are doing you a favour
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
They have never worried about taking my money before-why start now?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I was just eyeing that support line.It was looking a little vulnerable for a while.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I would like to Short FSR, but then again Simon is correct by saying it is "Hard profit" .
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I wouldn't short fsr now.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I thought FSR is your pick for 2012???
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
short term shortening.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what the hell is the matter with you guys? You want to short your top pick? Why is it your top pick then?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
vote for post of the year!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Let me clarify. I love short term trading and also invest in Long term investments (other trading account). I love FSR for growth for the next one year but every so often i do short share that needs to be shorten. It does not mean that i will call every short correctly but for me it does mean that i am building the other leg of trading (shortening) into my trading strategy.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so, you "shortening" a share that is going up...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, are you working harder considering the call centre has skeleton staffs over this period?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
there are lots of charities,,,there are lots of circuses around...just give your money away to a charity (one for kids like yourself preferably)and join the circus...because your trading, or whatever you call it, is really hilarious!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
hmmm little sell divergence forming on shp as well.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
should have learned from your APN short not to trade counter-trend (or was it someone else), ACL on the other hand would be a great short only problem is the overall trend of the market is up so I or you should be looking for long not short opportunities
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Eish....and will that be a 21 st birthday gift now that you messed up the wedding gift
0 Kudos